Times of Worship

Sunday Schedule

Morning Prayer


Sunday School


Morning Worship


Bible Study


Wednesday Schedule

Bible Study




Choir Practice


Kidz JAM


Our Church History

Clinchfield Baptist Church was organized on December 19, 1915, with 12 Charter Members. The need for a Baptist church resulted from the coming of Clinchfield Manufacturing Company which employed a large number of people in the community. The members first met in homes, and later moved into the old school building in Clinchfield.

Soon after its organization, the church joined the Green River Baptist Association. In 1919, the church withdrew from the Green River Association and became a Charter Member of the Blue Ridge Association.

The first church building was completed in 1919. It was a white wooden building. In 1935, new classrooms were added, and a parsonage was built beside the church in 1936.

In 1953, a two story brick educational building was built while Rev. Neils Larsen was Pastor. This building was paid off while Rev. Larsen was here. Rev. & Mrs. Larsen bought a house on Hwy. 70 East and the parsonage was used as a church nursery.

In 1959, the old parsonage was replaced with a brick parsonage on Ridge Road. Rev. & Mrs. Olin Hefner and daughter, Gwen, were the first to live in it. A new brick church was built in 1964 (the building we are now in) while Rev. Olin Hefner was here. The note burning for this church was held while Rev. John Bowden was here. Rev. Hefner was the Guest Speaker for the Note Burning.

On September 10, 2000, Rev. Ken Page came to be our Pastor. While Rev. Page was here we bought the beautiful sign in the front church yard, a new piano and broke ground on a new Fellowship Hall (the metal building in back of church).

The Fellowship Hall was completed in April, 2004. The committee consisted of: Al Hensley, Jerry Bailey, David Waycaster, Mike Waycaster, Sherri Metcalf and Marsha Sturgill. We held a dedication service on April 25, 2004 at which time Dan Hensley presented Al Hensley with a plaque as the committee dedicated the building in his honor.

On May 16, 2004, our new Pastor came, Rev. Terry Roach. Rev. Roach has a lovely family which consists of his wife, Shelley, his daughter, Brittany, and his son, Tyler. We have gained new members and have grown in attendance. To date we have been blessed as a church family to have witnessed God providing our needs. We have retired the debt on the fellowship hall, bought and paid for a 15 passenger bus, refurbished the steeple, added additional parking, added siding and a new roof to our sanctuary, renovated the children’s wing located in the lower level of our sanctuary, updated our baptistery pool, renovated our sanctuary and foyer, installed a new video and sound system, installed new heating and air in all buildings, completed renovation of our adult wing and Youth wing of the education building. As you can see we have worked hard to provide a place for you to call your new church home.

Upcoming Events

No Events to display at this time